The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) Insurance and Retirement Services (I&RS) has released its report on activity and trends in the market for annuity products for the third quarter of 2012.
The information, obtained from millions of transactions, is available through Analytic Reporting for Annuities, a service offering of NSCC, a DTCC subsidiary.
Q3 highlights include:
- Compared to Q2 2012, inflows in the third quarter were down $4.4 billion and out flows were down $6.7 billion, resulting in an increase in net cash flows of 39 percent, or $2.2 billion.
- The data reflects a trend of a narrow range of inflows and declining outflows, resulting in greater net flows.
- Net cash flows into non-qualified account types turned positive for the first time in 2012.
- Annuity inflows declined 4.8%, to $7.4 billion from $7.7 billion in August.
- Out flows declined over 10 percent to $5.7 billion from over $6.3 billion in August.
- 58 percent of all inflows going into qualified account types and 42 percent going to non-qualified account types in September.
About Analytic Reporting
Analytic Reporting for Annuities is an online information solution containing aggregated data from transactions processed by NSCC’s Insurance & Retirement Services (I&RS). I&RS is the central messaging connection for annuity and life insurance transactions, enabling insurance companies to provide broker/dealers with daily financial transaction information. It processes approximately 150 million transactions each month.
DTCC has added a page to its web site at http://www.dtcc.com/analytics for more information about the Analytic Reporting Service.