The American College, a prominent educator of financial services professionals in Bryn Mawr, Pa., announced the appointment of eight senior industry and academic leaders to the Advisory Board of the New York Life Center for Retirement Income. They are:
- John Ameriks, Ph.D., principal and head of the Investment Counseling & Research Group, Vanguard.
- Andy Barksdale, executive vice president of Marketing and Relationship Management, LPL Financial Institution Services.
- Garth A. Bernard, President and CEO, Sharper Financial Group L.L.C.
- Paul Horrocks, Corporate Vice President, Individual Annuity Department, New York Life Insurance Company.
- Michael Lackey, CLU, ChFC, Vice President, Agency Department, New York Life Insurance Company.
- David A. Littell, JD, ChFC, CFP, Joseph E. Boettner Chair in Research, Professor of Taxation, The American College.
- R. Morris Sims, MSM, CLU, ChFC, Vice President and Chief Learning Officer, Agency, New York Life Insurance Company.
- Walt Woerheide, PhD, CFP, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dean, Frank M. Engle Distinguished Chair in Economic Security Research, Professor of Investments, The American College.
The New York Life Center for Retirement Income at The American College, funded in 2007 by a gift from New York Life Insurance Company, provides financial service professionals with advanced knowledge concerning retirement concepts and strategies. It produces an annual guide for retirement planners and a series of videos featuring insights from industry thought leaders.
The Center also partners with leading organizations that serve seniors, within and outside the life insurance industry. It also offers technical knowledge to financial advisors and agents in matters related to the retirement decisions facing clients. Its director is Kenn Beam Tacchino, JD.
“Today, we are in the midst of the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression,” said Larry Barton, Ph.D., president and chief executive officer of The American College. “But thanks to the in-depth scholarship, research and information provided by the New York Life Center for Retirement Income, financial advisors, consumers and key economic decision-makers have access to the critical information they need to better understand the financial implications of their retirement options.”
© 2009 RIJ Publishing. All rights reserved.