Lincoln Financial Group has simplified the structure of its Insurance and Retirement Solutions business under the leadership of president Mark Konen and “increased focus on driving results in the Life Insurance, Annuities and Group Protection businesses,” the company said in a release.
The new design “simplifies the structure of the businesses and increases the responsibilities of the senior leaders and their respective teams,” the release said. The senior leaders who were named included:
- Rob Grubka, President, Group Protection – Grubka leads all functions of the Group Protection business including strategy and marketing, product development, underwriting, distribution and service.
- Brian Kroll, Head of Annuity Solutions – Kroll leads annuity product management, product positioning, retirement solutions research and development and funds management.
- Mike Burns, Head of Insurance Solutions – Burns leads the manufacturing operations of the Life Insurance business, which now includes underwriting and new business, product management and product positioning.
- Jeff Coutts, Head of Financial Management – Coutts continues to lead the financial management portion of the Insurance and Retirement Solutions businesses, which includes valuation, profitability and risk management, product pricing review and asset liability management for all individual life insurance, annuity and group protection products.
- Kristen Phillips, Head of Strategy and Marketing –Phillips will rejoin the company in June as senior vice president and head of Strategy and Marketing for the Insurance and Retirement Solutions business. In this new role, Phillips leads the Life and Annuity manufacturing strategy functions including marketing and communications as well as product compliance and implementation.
Phillips returns to Lincoln after three years as the Hartford Symphony Orchestra’s executive director. At Lincoln, she was responsible for developing and implementing the life insurance and annuities business strategy, including product implementation, distribution support, and compliance.