Nationwide Financial Services, Inc. today announced several enhancements to the investment lineup for its variable annuity and variable life insurance products, including 15 new fund options. The changes were effective May 1, 2012.
Nationwide will begin offering the following options from Dimensional Fund Advisors for its variable life products:
- VA Global Bond Portfolio
- VA US Large Value Portfolio
- VA US Targeted Value Portfolio
- VA International Value Portfolio
- VA International Small Portfolio
- VA Short-Term Fixed Portfolio
For the first time at Nationwide, advisors will have access to actively managed target volatility funds for both variable life insurance and annuity products. These funds include:
- Goldman Sachs VIT Global Markets Navigator Fund
- AllianceBernstein VPS Dynamic Asset Allocation Portfolio
Other fund additions to the life and annuity line-up will enhance investment options in high yield, asset allocation and mid-cap asset classes:
- Invesco VI Mid Cap Core Equity Fund
- MFS VIT New Discovery Series
- PIMCO VIT All Asset Portfolio
- Ivy Funds VIP High Income
- Ivy Funds VIP Mid Cap Growth
Nationwide is also offering two new funds to enhance its high yield bond asset class options for the America’s marketFLEX Series product:
Direxion Insurance Trust Dynamic VP High Yield Bond Fund
Fidelity VIP High Income Portfolio
As of May 1, 2012, Nationwide’s investment lineup includes:
- 92 variable annuity investment options.
- 96 variable life investment options.
- Coverage across 34 Morningstar categories.
- Access to over 33 money managers.
- 23 asset allocation investment options.
- More than 59 variable annuity options with a five-year track record and 49 options with a 10-year track record.
- More than 68 variable life options with a five-year track record and 58 options with a 10-year track record.