Jackson National Life is adding several investment options to its Elite Access variable annuity (VA), including more than 20 new subaccounts and seven new fund managers, the company said in a release.
The offerings provide access to alternative and traditional strategies and investments, including international opportunities and additional guidance portfolio options through Curian Capital LLC, Jackson’s retail asset management subsidiary.
Sales of Elite Access were $1.3 billion in 2012, the company said. Jackson’s total VA sales in 2012 were $19.7 billion, up from $17.5 billion in 2011.
The newest Curian Guidance Portfolios include:
- Curian Guidance – Growth
- Curian Guidance – Institutional Alt 100 Conservative
- Curian Guidance – Institutional Alt 100 Growth
- Curian Guidance – International Opportunities Conservative
- Curian Guidance – International Opportunities Moderate
- Curian Guidance – International Opportunities Growth
In addition, the following new funds address low and rising interest rates or inflationary periods:
- Curian Guidance – Interest Rate Opportunities
- Curian Guidance – Multi-Strategy Income
- Curian Guidance – Real Assets
Elite Access now includes 18 alternative investment options, including managed futures, commodities, listed private equity, global infrastructure and convertible arbitrage that provide enhanced diversification potential. New alternative funds added to Elite Access include:
- Curian/BlackRock Global Long Short Credit
- Curian/Eaton Vance Global Macro Absolute Return Advantage
- Curian Long Short Credit
- Curian/UBS Global Long Short Income Opportunities
- Curian/Urdang International REIT
New traditional funds added to Elite Access include:
- Curian/Aberdeen Latin America
- Curian/Ashmore Emerging Market Small Cap Equity
- Curian/Baring International Fixed Income
- Curian/Lazard International Strategic Equity
- Curian/Schroder Emerging Europe
- JNL/Franklin Templeton Income
- JNL/Mellon Capital Utilities Sector
New fund managers in Elite Access include:
- Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited
- Ashmore EMM, L.L.C.
- Baring International Investment Limited
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- Schroder Investment Management North America Inc.
- UBS Global Asset Management (Americas) Inc.
- Urdang Securities Management, Inc.
© 2013 RIJ Publishing LLC. All rights reserved.