The general membership of NAFA, the National Association for Fixed Annuities, approved recommendations for its newly elected 2017 board of directors at the association’s recent annual meeting in Phoenix, Ariz. The five members who will take office at the start of 2017 include:
- Margo Thompson of The Annuity Source, Inc.
- Lauri Beck of Insurance Network America
- Heather Kane of EquiTrust Life Insurance Co.
- Jeff Maxey of InsurMark
- Mike Morrone of Nationwide
Brian Mann of Partners Elite Advisory Group will assume the role of chairman of the board of directors, succeeding Nathan Zuidema of Imeriti Financial Network. Dominic Cursio of M3 Financial, Inc will be vice chair, Jim Maietta of Allianz will be secretary, and Chris Conroy of CreativeOne will join the executive operating committee as treasurer.
NAFA membership approved the rest of the board roster:
- Cary Carney of Voya Financial
- Tony Compton of Great American Insurance Group
- Rich Lane of Standard Insurance Company
- Eric Marhoun of Fidelity & Guaranty Life
- Randy Matzke of Advisors Excel
- Paul McGillivray of M&O Marketing
- Kevin Mechtley of North American Company for Life and Health Insurance
- Kirby Wood of American Equity
Exiting board members were Chris Johnson formerly with National Western Life, Rod Mims of Athene Annuity & Life Assurance Company, Harry Stout of NelsonWells, LLC, and Eric Taylor of AIG Life & Retirement.
© 2016 RIJ Publishing LLC. All rights reserved.