The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (“CMS”) has announced the Medicare Part A deductibles and Part B premiums for 2019. Medicare Part A covers inpatient hospital and hospice care, while Part B covers outpatient services such as doctors’ visits.
According to a Wagner Law Group bulletin:
- The Part A deductible for inpatient hospital expenses will be $1,364 in 2019, a $24 increase over the prior year.
- For the 61st through 90th day of hospitalization, the per diem coinsurance cost will be $341.
- Hospital stays over 90 days will cost $682 per day.
- Daily coinsurance for the 21st to 100th day in a skilled nursing facility will cost $170.50 in 2019.
- The standard Medicare Part B monthly premium for 2019 will, for most individuals, be $135.50.
- Single beneficiaries with incomes over $85,000 and married couples with incomes of over $170,000 will pay a higher Part B premium, based on a sliding scale, as required by the Medicare Modernization Act.
© 2019 RIJ Publishing LLC. All rights reserved.